When we think of Avon Skin So Soft, it’s usually a green or blue Avon bottle with SSS on the front of it. It has been used by millions of women to keep their skin soft and shiny. Over the years, though, Skin So Soft has gotten a reputation for repelling mosquitos better than half of the repellents we find in stores. Since then, it’s been used even by men while they’re working, fishing, and performing other outdoor activities. Over the years, many Avon SSS users and representatives have found many others uses for this bath oil, making it truly an extremely versatile product!
While I can’t market Skin So Soft as a repellent (due to FDA guidelines & restrictions), I can tell you my personal experience, and that of several customers of mine, with SSS Original bath oil formula is that (in addition to some of the below tips) it repels mosquitos, fleas (kills them, too) & ticks for pets & their people, and horseflies off of horses.
1. Bath oil and after shower moisturizer
2. Can be used daily to remove makeup and mascara
3. Tanning oil (PLEASE NOTE: NO SPF!)
4. Massage oil
5. Hot oil treatment to soften nails
6. Mild insect repellent
7. Helps to retain your skins elasticity. Great for preventing stretch marks
8. Helps to relieve dry, itchy skin
9. Cleans off adhesive left on skin from bandages
10. Cleans pen ink and marker off skin
11. Cleans grease and oil off skin
12. Removes paint from hands (better & safer than turpentine)
13. Put 2 capfuls in liquid soap and use it as a shaving cream. It’ll help prevent razor burn
14. Soothes light sunburn
15. In many cases, has helped soothe psoriasis
16. Heals cracked skin with 2-3 days
17. Use as a detangler
18. Put 1-2 cap full in LIQUID SOAP and use it for shaving legs and under arms. Razor glides with no razor burn
19. Pour a little into your Foot Soaker, helps feet relax
20. Removes chewing gum from hair, skin, and most non-pourus surfaces
21. Original Scent works GREAT on Head Lice! Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes. Wash out thoroughly (maybe even under an outdoor faucet). LICE ARE GONE! You will need to wash the hair 2-3 to remove the oiliness. Ajax dish detergent usually works great with just 1 wash to get the oil out.
22. Use towlettes around window and doors – keep bugs out
23. Kills ants instantly
24. To keep ants out – Dip a cotton ball in the SSS and rub around window seals and doors
25. Wash cabinets with 1 capful in your wash water to prevent ants from getting in
26. Kill ant beds by spraying directly on the ant bed
27. Cleans ink off rubber stamps
28. Spray on window and porch screens to keep midges and “no-seeums” from coming in
29. Wood cleaner and conditioner for cabinets and furniture
30. Removes glue and adhesive left from price tags and labels from glass, metals and most plastics.
31. Removes soap scum from shower doors, curtains, bathroom and kitchen fixtures
32. Removes lime and water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows
33. Oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that wont slip together
34. It’s a fabric softener in the wash
35. Cleans ink off most vinyl painted surfaces
36. Takes fur and animal hair off of clothing
37. Cleans most heavy oil and grease from non-porous surfaces
38. Removes crayon markings from appliances and other hard surfaces, including painted walls
39. Clean and conditions leather
40. Use it on the air conditioner filter. Your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter will be easier to clean in the future
41. Cleans paint brushes and keeps them looking like new
42. Removes gum from carpets and car interiors
43. Removes scuff marks from leather shoes
44. Removes liquid nail (paneling glue)
45. Spray around and in trash cans and on the lids to prevent maggots and other insects
46. Removes “ring around the collar”
47. Removes candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing
48. HUMMINGBIRD FEEDERS: To deter bees – try rubbing SSS on the feeder surface. Do not put the SSS on the spouts, as it may harm the Hummingbirds.
49. Great Furniture polish (only a small amount needed)
50. Put SSS in one of the bottles you attach to your backyard hose and spray your entire backyard. Will cut down on ants and other creepy crawlies and flying bugs
51. After killing hornets and removing nest, spray area to prevent them from re-nesting in the same area
52. Use on running rails to make sliding doors and windows slide easier
53. Spray on flowerbeds to keep deer from eating the blooms
54. Kills spiders
55. To keep spiders out, wipe all wood framed doors and windows
56. For tomato plants – Spray a mixture of 1 part SSS and 2 parts water to keep the worms off. Adding vinegar works fine, too. Spray every 2-3 days.
57. Cuts grease and cleans dirt from range hoods and counter tops
58. Spray on Orchids and other flowers to help retain moisture and keep bugs away
59. Clean baseball caps by spraying with SSS and rubbing the dirt & oil away
60. Clean cherry wood cabinets
61. Great for killing and repelling earwigs
62. Use a fragrance while making candles
63. Spray on door and cabinet joints to lubricate
64. Spray on urine stains before washing to prevent smells
65. Spray canvas lawn furniture to help repel insects
66. Wipe down the base of your bird bath to keep insects away
67. Use 1 capful in landscape ponds to keep them from becoming hatching grounds. Do not use if you have fish in the pond
68. Spray small metal or wood stakes down with SSS and put them throughout the garden to keep deer, rabbits, raccoons, and other animals out
69. Spray the inside of your Diaper Genie to help prevent odors
70. If a child wets the bed, spray the bedding and sheets before washing to keep them smelling fresh
71. As a deodorizer, spray into the air and let settle
72. Great insect repellent for your pet (As even recommended in “Outdoor Life” and “Field and Stream”)
73. Mix in pet’s bath water for flea removal
74. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong “odor”
75. Tar and asphalt removal on pads of animals feet
76. FLEA REPELLANT: 1 1/2oz of SSS per gallon of water – sponge dip or spritz.
77. FLEA BATH: use after shampooing with a FLEA AND TICK SHAMPOO (your choice of brand)
78. Repel fleas from pet bedding by spritzing bedding and close surrounding area
79. Use as a detangler. Spray on a mix of 1 part SSS and 5 parts water
80. For dogs dry skin. 1 tablespoon in a gallon of water, use as an after-bath rinse. The SSS can help dryness & itchiness and make hair shiny & smooth.
81. Use on pet accessories such as collars to shine them up
82. Barns. Use of an inexpensive fly control spray or a diluted mix of SSS can be sprayed on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, let the barn air out before refilling with bedding.
83. BLACK FLY SPRAY: 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water
84. Hoof polisher without drying
85. Muzzle, eye and ear enhancer
86. Use as a mane detangler
87. Use when braiding horse manes to prevent fly-aways and give it a healthy shine
88. For a horse’s dry skin – bathe like normal but with a capful of SSS to 5 gallons of water. Their hair will dry silky soft and with no itching
89. Removes tar spots from car without damaging the paint
90. Clean and moisturize all the vinyl in the automobile
91. After washing, spray on tires for a conditioner and shine
92. Put some on a small washcloth and leave in the car – keeps air fresh and clean
93. Cleans Mechanics Hands
94. Removes tree sap
95. Use to polish plastic pieces on car trim and bring back their original color
96. Removes Love Bugs
97. Prior to traveling, rub SSS on headlights and car grill – makes cleaning easier
Now that you know all the different things it can actually be used for, I bet you’re wondering how to get it. Click these links to get your Avon Skin So Soft bath oil in Original, Soft & Sensual, &/or Radiant Moisture. They each come in 16.9floz bottles and 25floz bottles.
Have a great day, y’all! 💋
Your Avon Lady,
💄Get this and more at my eStore LipstickShoesAndMore.com.
👠 Remember! If you would like for me to be your Avon Lady, check your Avon account settings if you haven’t already, to make sure you are registered as an eCustomer with me serving as your Avon Representative. Here’s how to do that.
👗Make sure you stay covered on sales, free shipping, special order offers, product info, Rep info, & more: 1. Follow this blog, 2. Go to my eStore above and join my email list, and then 3. Very easily follow me on Social!