15 most commonly asked questions about selling Avon
It’s normal for those interested in becoming a direct sales representative to have questions about what it is like to be with that company. This is a list of 15 commonly asked questions about becoming and being an Avon Representative. Click here to join Avon now.
1. How much does it cost to get started? When enrolling, you will have a choice of 3 starter kits and each is designed to help you accomplish the goals you have. They range in price from $25 to $100.
2. What materials will I receive when I sign up? With the $25 starter kit, you will receive 44 Avon brochures & magalogs, 4 full-size products, and 10 samples, and sales tools. The $50 & $100 starter kits include more products and samples. The $100 starter kit also includes more brochures & magalogs. Of course, you will also receive sales training.
3. What is a selling campaign? It’s the two-week period during which a customer can order different products 26 time a year.
4. How much can I make selling Avon? You earn 40% commission on beauty products in your orders for your first 4 campaigns. After that initial introduction period, you’ll earn on the regular 20%-50% commission scale, depending on your order amount. Avon’s new representative program is updated once or twice a year and includes different benefits.
5. Do I have to keep products on hand? With Avon, you’re never required to keep product inventory.
6. How often do I place an order? Representative regular order dates are once every two weeks. Additional orders are okay but will acquire additional shipping.
7. How long does it take to receive my order once its placed? Generally, you’ll receive your order within 2-3 business days after the order is submitted. Avon Representatives can track our order shipments through the My Orders page on our Rep websites.
8. How do I receive future brochures? Every two weeks, when you place a product order, you need to also purchase your future brochures. We buy the brochures two campaigns ahead, so if you’re in Campaign 15, you’ll be buying Campaign 17. If you missed your last regular order, you can backorder brochures to cover the campaign order you missed.
9. Do I have to pay for shipping, or do my customers pay a shipping fee? As long as you place your order on-time, you will pay one simple fee for shipping regardless of number of boxes or weight. If you place more than one order per campaign, you will pay additional shipping for the extra order. If you order only selling tools such as brochures, you can call the Avon Representative customer service and the shipping fee may be waived.
10. How do I pay for my order? You can pay by check, money order, credit card, or enroll online in our “one-click” payment system Avon QuickPay which takes the payment directly from your checking account. Please note that paying via check or money order will take much longer than by credit card or QuickPay.
11. Am I required to attend meetings? No, meeting attendance is not required but they can assist you in making connections and building your business.
12. Do I have to have parties? You can if you want to, but no, you’re not required to have any parties. Many Avon Reps choose to have parties. It is all about how you choose to manage your business.
13. Will I be restricted to a territory? No, Avon USA Representatives have no territories, can sell to anyone within the United States, and with the internet, selling Avon is easier than ever.
14. What happens after I sign up? Soon after you sign up, you will receive a welcome email and a phone call from me. We will set up a time for a meeting to coach you through the following steps. You will need to go to www.youravon.com to register your representative account. After that, you can then sign in, opt-in as an e-representative, place your first order, begin the online training provided by Avon, and customize your website to sell products online, and choose other ways to manage your business. I’ll be available to answer questions you may have.
15. How do I sign up? Sign up is an easy and secure online process. You will need to sign up online at BossLifeForMe.com, where you will be prompted for your name and information. You should be able to register your brand new Avon Representative account online after approximately 24 hours. Have handy your Representative account number and District number, which will be included in your initial email from Avon upon joining.
If you are interested in selling Avon and have a question about selling Avon that I haven’t answered here, feel free to ask.
Have a great day and I hope to help you get started soon!
Beth Bailey 💋
If you prefer to just shop:
Three Ways to Shop
Shop my Avon eStore – Browse my entire online Avon store, shop by departments, and add items to your shopping bag along the way.
Shop my online Avon brochure – Browse the current Avon brochure and add items to your shopping bag as you go. You can also shop this option by departments.
Shop by product number – If you already know the product numbers for what you want (maybe with an Avon brochure in front of you), you can quickly enter the product numbers. This also allows you to backorder from my previous two Avon campaigns by selecting which campaign number you want.
Looking for current coupon codes and sales?
You can quickly and easily create an Avon account with me as your Avon Representative and opt-in to receive emails which will let you know about coupon codes and sales.
You can also sign up for eNewsletters on my eStore to receive notice of coupon codes and sales. Just look for the red and black mascara on my website.
Do you use Ebates? You can find coupon codes there, too, while also getting a return on your online Avon purchases through the Avon page on Ebates.com
Additional current coupon codes and discount offers can also be found on the Avon page of RetailMeNot.com
👗 Make sure you stay covered on sales, free shipping, special order offers, product info, Rep info, & more: 1. Follow this blog, 2. Go to my eStore above and join my email list, and then 3. Very easily follow me on Social!
👠 Remember! If you would like for me to be your Avon Lady, check your Avon account settings if you haven’t already, to make sure you are registered as an eCustomer with me serving as your Avon Representative. Here’s how to do that.