15 most commonly asked questions about selling Avon
It’s normal for those interested in becoming a direct sales representative to have questions about what it is like to be with that company. This is a list of 15 commonly asked questions about becoming and being an Avon Representative. Click here to join my Avon Team Journey now.
1. How much does it cost to get started? When enrolling, you will have a choice of 3 starter kits and each is designed to help you accomplish the goals you have. It costs just $25 to join Avon and there kit upgrades available at the time of enrollment.
2. What materials will I receive when I sign up? With the $25 starter kit, you will receive 44 Avon brochures & magalogs, 4 full-size products, and 10 samples, and sales tools. If you choose to upgrade to the $50 or $100 starter kits, you will more products and samples. The $100 starter kit also includes more brochures & magalogs. Of course, you will also receive sales training.
3. What is a selling campaign? One selling campaign is the two-week period during which a customer can order and there are 26 Campaigns. Your award sales accumulate all year, from Campaign 1 to Campaign 26.
4. How much can I make selling Avon? You earn 40% commission on beauty products in your orders for your first 7 campaigns when you meet your New Rep Sales Goals. After that initial introduction period, you’ll earn on the regular 20%-40% commission scale, depending on your order amount. Avon’s new representative program is updated once or twice a year and includes different benefits. If and when you reach President’s Club, you will then earn 40%-50% on all sales for the rest of that sales cycle and for the whole next sales cycle.
5. Do I have to keep products on hand? With Avon, you’re never required to keep product inventory. Although many find it beneficial to keep some on hand.
6. How often do I place an order? Representative regular order dates are once every two weeks, according to your zip code. Additional orders are okay but will acquire additional shipping. Your Rep account will still remain active with no orders for 6 Campaigns but then you won’t have brochures. Any eStore sales you receive will keep your account active, even if you are unable to make an order from your back office (rep account site).
7. How long does it take to receive my order once its placed? Generally, you’ll receive your order within 2-3 business days after the order is submitted. Avon Representatives can track our order shipments through the My Orders page on our Rep websites.
8. How do I receive future brochures? After receiving your starter kit, you will be responsible for ordering your books. Every two weeks, when you place a product order, you need to also purchase your future brochures. We buy the brochures two campaigns ahead, so if you’re in Campaign 15, you’ll be buying Campaign 17. If you missed your last regular order, you can backorder brochures to cover the campaign order you missed.
9. Do I have to pay for shipping, or do my customers pay a shipping fee? As long as you place your order on-time, you will pay one shipping fee regardless of number of boxes or weight. If you place more than one order per campaign, you will pay additional shipping for the extra order. If you order only selling tools such as brochures, you can call the Avon Representative customer service and the shipping fee may be waived. You also have the option of charging your customers a nominal fee which will help you cover your shipping. Some reps charge, $0.75, some $1,50, some anything in-between or nothing at all.
10. How do I pay for my order? You can pay by check, money order, or by credit card. Please note that paying via check or money order will take much longer than by credit card or QuickPay.
11. Am I required to attend meetings? No, meeting attendance is not required but they can assist you in making connections and building your business. Our monthly virtual sales meetings will keep you in the loop with upcoming campaigns, and tips for sales and recruiting.
12. Do I have to have parties? You can if you want to, but no, you’re not required to have any parties. Many Avon Reps choose to have parties. That will be a decision according to how you want to manage your business.
13. Will I be restricted to a territory? No, Avon USA Representatives do not have territories, can sell to anyone within the United States, and with the internet, selling Avon is easier than ever.
14. What happens after I sign up? Soon after you sign up, you will receive a welcome email and a phone call from me. We can set up a time for a meeting to coach you through the following steps. You will need to go to www.youravon.com to register your representative account. After that, you can then sign in, opt-in as an e-representative, place your first order, begin the online training provided by Avon, and customize your website to sell products online, and choose other ways to manage your business. I’ll be available to answer questions you may have.
15. How do I sign up? Sign up is an easy and secure online process that takes about 5 minutes to complete. You will need to sign up online at BossLifeForMe.com, where you will be prompted for your name and information. You should be able to register your brand new Avon Representative account online within approximately 24 hours. To register your Rep account, you’ll need your Representative account number and District number, which will be included in your initial email from Avon upon joining. Also, make sure when you register your Rep ID, you do so all in lowercase.
If you are interested in selling Avon and have a question about selling Avon that I haven’t answered here, feel free to ask.
Have a great day and I look forward to a successful partnership!
Beth Bailey 💋
If you prefer to just shop:
Three Ways to Shop
Shop my Avon eStore – Browse my entire online Avon store, shop by departments, and add items to your shopping bag along the way.
Shop my online Avon brochure – Browse the current Avon brochure and add items to your shopping bag as you go. You can also shop this option by departments.
Shop by product number – If you already know the product numbers for what you want (maybe with an Avon brochure in front of you), you can quickly enter the product numbers. This also allows you to backorder from my previous two Avon campaigns by selecting which campaign number you want.